Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Acting out...and other ideas.


A great way for students to understand the meaning of the dialogue in Alice in Wonderland is to have them act out the monologues themselves!
The website Alice in Wonderland: Monologue Archive or Storymania has a great choice of Monologues for the students to chose from. You can put the kids in groups and let them decipher the meaning behind what the characters are saying or they can work on this activity individually.


(Sigh, sing/hum? Look for rabbit) There were more ghastly things I met on my way, the Cheshire Cat for example? Okay (laugh?), well he wasn't too bad, although he did scare the living hell out of me, “You're mad” it says “too bloody right I am” and the catstared at me grinning, why he was grinning I'll never know, it looked like he had just drawn all over his mother's fur while she was sleeping. “I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here” “Well, I know why I'm mad, but why are you mad?” “Well a dog's not mad is it?” “I guess so...” “Well then, you see a dog growls when it is angry and wags its tail when it's pleased” “Yes? Get to your point” “ Now I growl when I'm pleased and I wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.”


No comments:

Post a Comment